Pets and dog owners love our pet friendly self-catering accommodation. Owners can relax in the best self-catering accommodation in Scotland to welcome pets. Dogs are welcome to roam free off the lead in large parts of our secure site provided they are firmly under control.
Well behaved pets are allowed inside the living areas of lodges and chalets but never in the bedrooms.
Whilst in the vicinity of the lodges they should be on a lead at all times and mess should be bagged and disposed of responsibly. Owners are asked never to leave pets unattended in a lodge and to prevent them from barking or whining.
Local pet friendly pubs
Being surrounded by countryside there are a umber of pet friendly places to eat on in the local area. Here are just a few:
- The Clachan, Drymen – stop for a drink in the oldest registered licensed pub in Scotland. Dogs are welcome in the bar area.
- The Cross Keys, Kippen – with the ancient city of Stirling just minutes away, the Cross Keys is the ideal place to stop off on route.
- The Dug Cafe, Balloch – if you are visiting Loch Lomond Shores then your four legged friend will be welcome at the Dug Cafe.
- The Old Mill, Killearn – stop for a drink or bite to eat if your on route to Glasgow or Glengoyne Distillery, in this traditional old pub.
Some great things for dogs to do locally
- Fetch sticks
- Chase rabbits (when available)
- Run free (in large parts of the site)
- Swim in the Loch (but dry me before returning to lodge please!)
- Walks in the Balmaha woods
- Walks along the foreshore
- Walks on Conic Hill (on the lead only)
- Walks along the West Highland Way
- Snooze on patio. (Tie ring provided).
- Meet owners’ dog , Irish Terrier ‘Flynn’ – very friendly and inquisitive.